We want a Toronto with public space for everyone. You can help.
Established in 2001, the Toronto Public Space Committee has a long history of creating projects that both celebrate Toronto and defend it from corporate and private forces.
- We host a bi-monthly speaker series to highlight what’s new and important in Toronto public space.
- We help communities take back billboard advertising space and make it neighbourhood space.
- We take down unwanted fences to encourage community connection.
- We advocate together with other Toronto organizations for public spaces that meet the needs of local communities.
- We organize fun projects and activities like painting street murals and activating winter golf courses.
For us to continue building a more livable city, we need your help to keep our projects and initiatives accessible to everyone.
Our goal is to raise $3500 for 2021.
$1,800.00 to provide accessibility accommodations (ASL interpretation) for speaker series and meetings.
- $348.00 fund our website hosting and domain for the coming year.
- $271.20 fund the Zoom platform for our virtual meetings to stay safe during COVID and make our meetings as accessible as possible.
- $600.00 to fund honorariums for guest speakers (1 guest speaker per meeting for a total of 6 guest speakers).
- $480.80 as a miscellaneous fund for banking fees and unexpected costs that may occur throughout the year.
Donations aren’t the only way to be part of TPSC! We also love:
- Enthusiastic volunteers / sweat equity!
- Your unused art supplies!
- Great ideas!
- If you know a person who knows someone who could help us do something beautiful together!
Don’t hesitate to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks! We’re looking forward to making a better Toronto together :)